Begin a captivating 13-day Guyana Jungle Bushcraft Experience with our immersive itinerary. Arrive in the lively city of Georgetown and meet your fellow adventurers, building anticipation for the exciting journey ahead. From there, fly to Surama, a tranquil rainforest village where a charming ecolodge, with its breathtaking views, serves as the perfect precursor to our immersive jungle experience.
For the next five days at Rock Landing Camp, immerse yourself in intensive training, mastering fundamental skills such as crafting bows, setting traps, and kindling fires. Discover the complexities of the rainforest’s flora and fauna, developing a profound bond with your surroundings. Engage in hands-on activities, sharpening your fishing skills and learning advanced weaving techniques under the guidance of seasoned bushcraft instructors.
Dare to venture deeper into the jungle, dwelling in expedition camps untouched by modern structures. Take turns managing camp tasks, collect resources from your surroundings, set traps, and experiment with varied methods of roasting and preserving meat. Weather permitting, test your newly acquired skills by catching fish with your self-crafted bow and arrow.
On day 11, we wave goodbye to the jungle as we voyage back to Surama by boat. Freshen up and organise the equipment used during the course. Assemble at the lodge for a modest celebration, reflecting on achievements and cherishing the camaraderie fostered during this incredible journey.
Days 12-13 present opportunities to explore the quaint charm of Georgetown before you continue your travels or return home. Bid farewell to newfound friends, clutching the memories of an extraordinary jungle bushcraft adventure.
Join us for an unforgettable journey, connecting with nature, indigenous culture, and your inner resilience in the heart of the Guyanese rainforest. You can also read our blog on Jungle Survival Skills 101 for more information on what else you will learn.
- 27 Meals (9 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 9 Dinners)
- 13 Days / 12 Nights (2 at the hotel, two at the Ecolodge, and 9 in the jungle)
- Domestic flights with 25lb included luggage allowance
- Boats, guides, and bushcraft instructors for the jungle stay
- Village fee
- Jungle kit (details below)
What’s Not Provided?
- International airfare
- Meals in Georgetown
- Taxi transfers from the airport to Georgetown (approx. $70 each way)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Excess luggage for domestic flight
- Tips for guides (collected and distributed equally among guides)
- Personal travel insurance (documentation required in advance)
- Cost of medical clearance (if needed)
- Malaria Prophylaxis (consult with your doctor)
- Anything not mentioned above
Book your online consultation about the Guyana Jungle Bushcraft Experience here.