Arrival – 4 X 4 Off-Road Adventure in the Rupununi. The participants will arrive in the capital for a meetup; we will fly by small planes to a landing strip in the Rupununi. From there, we will have the vehicles ready for you.
Driving the Rupununi
We start our 4 X 4 Off-Road Adventure in the Rupununi trip in Lethem, and from there, we can decide what we want to do, whether it will be a trip to south Savannah to visit Amerindian villages and ranches. Enjoy unique remote locations along the way and a night under the stars with rum in our hands.
We could travel north to reach the fantastic Iwokrama rainforest and drive a part of one of South America’s most notorious jungle roads. Here there are a lot of small Amerindian villages to visit as well, secluded ranches and impressive vast areas of savannah.
To the Northwest, we find the Pakaraima mountain chain that stretches to Mount Roraima, and here we can, if prearranged, travel up into the mountains to experience some of the wildest off-road driving that the region has to offer,
We end our adventure in Lethem, where guests will catch a flight back to Georgetown for one final night before the trip ends.
What is included?
- 19 Meals depending on the program (6 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 6 Dinner, estimate)
- 7 Days / 6 nights (Lodges, hammock, ranch depending on program)
- Domestic flights with 25LB included luggage
- Off-road ready vehicle
- Village fee where applicable
- Hammock, basha and other equipment as needed
What is not provided?
- International airfare
- Meals in the capital (Georgetown)
- Taxi from airport to the capitol (cost approx. 70 USD each way)
- Excess luggage for domestic flight
- Tips for guides (Paid collectively to one portion and shared equally among companions)
- Personal travel insurance (Will have to be sent in advance)
- Cost of medical clearance (If needed)
- Malaria Prophylaxis (Consult personal doctor)
- Anything not mentioned in the document
To find out more about 4 X 4 Off-Road Adventure in the Rupununi and any other trips that we offer you can vist this 4 x4 trips. To find out more about the Rupununi you can visit other sites such as rupununi.org or The GTA.