We make sure that the participants arrive safely in Georgetown for our ranch and jungle expedition and later on get sent to their domestic airlines to meet up with the team in Lethem at the Brazilian border and then onwards to the Ranch in South Rupununi.
Saddle Mountain Ranch is located in a remote part of the Rupununi Savannah. It was built by the Kenyon family, who have been involved in ranching in the area for several decades. The family has a proud history in the yearly Rupununi Rodeo, with multiple titles of Rodeo king and winner of exciting disciplines such as saddle bronco and bull riding, among many others.
The ranch is still in operation, and the cattle are herded to stay close to the farm on horseback, worked in the coral, lassoed, and branded in the season. This is traditional South American ranching and is one of the few places left in the world where these traditions can be experienced as here.
We start the ranch and jungle expedition Near the ranch a small and relatively unexplored mountain chain is called Kusad Mountain. Besides a few villagers and scientists, this mountain chain is left undisturbed for most of the year. The mountain is home to several jaguars, pumas, giant anteaters, and many other animal species.
Long ago, a small tribe was living on the mountain, and it was still full of exciting remains and signs of their presence, such as broken pottery and carvings from the sharpening of stone axes. One of the expedition’s goals is to look for other historic sites.
What is included?
- 15 Meals (5 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 5 Dinner)
- 9 Days / 8 nights (2 at Hotel in Georgetown, four at the ranch, 2 in the jungle)
- Domestic flights with 25LB included luggage
- Domestic flights, Transportation in the interior, Guides for a stay in the jungle, activities at the ranch
- Village fee
- Kit for jungle and riding see below
What is not provided?
- International airfare
- Meals in the capital (Georgetown)
- Taxi from airport to the capitol (cost approx. 70 USD each way)
- Excess luggage for domestic flight
- Tips for guides (Paid collectively to one portion and shared equally among companions)
- Personal travel insurance (Will have to be sent in advance)
- Cost of medical clearance (If needed)
- Malaria Prophylaxis (Consult personal doctor)
- Anything not mentioned in the document
For more information on this trip, please contact us.